Sunday, August 23, 2009

SUNDAY SALON AND THE LEMONADE AWARD!

I would like to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Julie at My Own Little Corner of the World for the very sweet Lemonade Award! What a lovely surprise for first thing on a Sunday morning!

The Lemonade Award is a feel good award that shows great attitude or gratitude. Here are the rules for accepting this award:

- Put the Lemonade Award logo on your blog or post.
-Link your nominees within your post.
-Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
-Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.

The blogs I nominate are:


This week was a bit light in the reading department because I had an out of town guest staying and had zero time to read until Wednesday. I WAS reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it so I switched gears. After reviewing "Wicked" I was in the mood for some more Gregory Maguire and I pulled "Son of a Witch" off of my shelf where it has been sitting since it came out about 3 years ago. I had tried to read it a half dozen times, but just couldn't get past the first 10 or so pages. But now I am well into it and so far I am loving it! I'll do a review when I'm done.

I am also desperately trying to get through my re-read of the last two Diana Gabaldon books before the next one is in stores September 22nd. I am not even half way through The Fiery Cross, and it is almost 900 pages, and then the next book is over 900 pages! How am I going to do that in one month! I mean I totally CAN, but it will be with concerted effort. And the thing is I am SO enjoying my re-read (even more than the first time around!) that I do not want to skim at all. Sigh. I suppose I will just keep reading and stare longingly at Echo until I am finished the last one.

Today I plan on doing a good chunk of peaceful reading during my youngest daughters naptime. Curled up on my couch with my blanket!

Have a WONDERFUL Sunday!

10 Blabs:

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

congrats on your Lemonade award, and thanks for sharing it with me (very refreshing on this hot summer day!)

I hope you enjoy your day reading today ... I'm finishing up BENNY AND SHRIMP and writing questions for my #BBAW interview exchange. Oh, yeah, and laundry, the never-ending pile of laundry! :)

Jessica said...

Congrats! And thank you so much for passing this award on to me!! :D

Glad you moved on to a book you're enjoying. :)

the story siren said...

Thank you so much for passing on the award to me! That was so very sweet of you! Thanks again!

Alaine said...

Thank you so much Lisa, that's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Thanx Lisa, you're sweet for giving me the award. This was a lemonade kinda day! :)

Liz said...

I've been light on reading, too -- because I simply had to tackle my desk, which led me to decide that yes, I really could throw out press releases I wrote 15 years ago (and no, I'm not kidding), which led me to dig through box upon box of old papers. And I'm not done yet... (That was the result of a couple books I just read on self-improvement, etc.)

I have two books going now - the latest Mary Higgins Clark, which I'm zipping right through (as you do through ALL of her books!) for my fiction fix. For heavier going, I'm reading a fascinating look at a memoir of a girl orphaned during WWII and her tale of survival. It's called Abandoned and Forgotten and it's pretty powerful. It talks about a little known slice of WWII history, the expulsion of all German from the lost territories after the war ended (in Europe, anyway) in May of '45. Just imagine if this were you or God forbid, your own kids cast out...

Lisa said...

Hey Liz! I LOVED your comment! Seriously! I wish I had your organization drive, can you send some my way? (as I stare at A) the top of my desk, AND B) the closet right beside with crap jammed every which way. Oh, can I say "crap" on here?)

I have never read any Mary Higgins Clark, not for not wanting too, I just keep forgetting about her! What would be the best book to intro her to me? And the memoir sounds fascinating!
Also, what self improvement books got you motivated? Thanks again for your great message! I am now going to visit your blog!

Lisa said...

Liz, do you have a blog? If you do, I can't access it by clicking on your name. And if you don't, don't worry about it and thanks for stopping by!

Liz said...

Hi Lisa -- No blog! I love reading other people's, though -- I am especially fond of book blogs, because that's where I get so many ideas of what to read next. I'll never have enough time...

As for the cluttering thing. I was just overwhelmed. I got a new client for work (I work out of my house) and I simply couldn't cope anymore with a desk that looked like a mountain. So I think you have to reach the breaking point, sad to say. Now there's more junk everywhere, simply because I'm going through stuff and throwing out. (that interim period is pretty ugly!)

Mary Higgins Clark -- You simply must start with the first one, which came out in the 1970s, called "Where are the Children?" You'll figure it out way ahead of time, your jaw will drop at the AMAZING coincidences, you'll laugh at the stilted writing, and you'll be up all night reading it. After that, they're all kind of similar, but very fun escapist fare.

Enjoy! And let me know how you like it.

Anonymous said...

A valuable post on Self Improvement

Thanks,
Karim - Positive thinking

Post a Comment