Friday, August 28, 2009

My first Challenge.... oooooo... SCAAARRRRYYYY!!!! (revamped post)

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
There are two simple goals to the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings:

1. Have fun reading.

2. Share that fun with others.

R.I.P. IV officially runs from September 1st through October 31st. But lets go ahead and break the rules. Lets start today!!!

I will be doing:

I have officially entered my VERY FIRST reading challenge!  Yikes!     I have signed up for "Peril the Second" which means that I have agreed to read 2 novels of any length in the subgenre of any scary stories I choose!  How cool is that! I see lots of other book bloggers doing various challenges, but most have been running for awhile already, and I have been waiting to catch one at the beginning, and this one fits me well as this is not normally the genre I read, BUT I have enjoyed a scary story or two in my reading life. 

I do not have a reading pool yet, but when I have a look at my stash and google around a bit I'll tell you what I find and then let you know how I do in the challenge!  I have from Sept 1st to Oct 31 to complete it!

How about you, do you think you would take the SCAAARRRYYYY path with me???

6 Blabs:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I am so glad you are joining up with us this year. We always have a lot of fun reveling in scary stories during the two months of the challenge. Thanks so much for choosing to be a part with us. I hope the books you read turn out to be wonderful experiences.

Sarbear said...

I haven't tried a challenge yet, myself. That's really cool you're doing one for scary stories -- I love scary movies. I wish that was a challenge, lol. What book are you going to start with?
BTW, award at my page, bwahahaha!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

It's so much fun; enjoy!!!!

Jessica said...

Sounds like such a fun challenge! I haven't taken the challenge plunge yet. I would start with this one, but I get spooked very easily. ;)

Good luck. And have fun!

Unknown said...

Lisa -
I am in the process of trying to get this challenge together too. I look forward to your posts. :)

Marg said...

Once you have done your first challenge I don't think it will be the last, and Carl's challenges are definitely a great place to start.

Enjoy!

Post a Comment