Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TEASER TUESDAY -- APRIL 26TH

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme (and just happens to be my favourite!) hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading and anyone can play along!


  • Grab your current read
  • flip to a random page
  • select two teaser sentences from anywhere on that page
  • Really really really try not to include any spoilers!
  • But DO include the name of the book and the author so we can all add it to our morbidly obese TBR piles!
My teaser is from a book that literally just landed on my actual door step today courtesy of Source Books (THANK YOU!) and Fed Ex.  The premise of this book is hilarious, and relates to my job in the film business in more ways than I care to even say.   

The book is Are You Going to Kill Me Now?  by Sloane Tanen and basically she is a teenager that is stranded on a desert island with 5 celebrities. My teaser, however, takes place when the main character is comparing her real experience with her pretend fantasy game she used to play with her friends.  Kind of like, "Who would you marry or bury?"  Kind of thing, except this has to do with being stranded on a desert island with 3 celebrities in 3 different huts.  The first hut is the celebrity that you would most like to hear talk but you can't say anything back.  She picked Stephen Colbert... good call.  The second hut is the person that you'd want to have listen to you but they could not talk back, and the third one is the one you get to make-out with but no conversation.  

Here's my teaser:

"I'd go with the fat girl from Hairspray because she seems nice and like she wouldn't judge me.  Plus, if she turned out to be boring, I figured she could always just sing."

For more TT's click here. 



13 Blabs:

Maia said...

Haha! Great teaser!

Here's Mine:
http://bookuponbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-city-of-bones.html

Lisa said...

Hi Maia! I visited your blog and left a big long comment, but then it was rejected? Weird. I love your blog and am now a brand new follower!

:0)

Cassandra said...

Fun teaser! It sounds like a cute story.

- Cassandra @ Wickedly Delicious Tales

Jennifer said...

A very interesting teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-the-pun-also-rises.html

Shirley said...

Boy, can she sing!! I think she'd be a fun person to be around.

Here's my Teaser Tuesdays. I am a new follower.

Catt said...

Wow, the book sounds interesting. I'm def. going to be checking this one out, sounds like a good read. :D And I doubt the girl from hair spray is boring but I wouldn't mind hearing her sing either!!! xD

Here is my TT, http://miss-check-out.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-heavenly-by-jennifer.html

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Cute! She would be a good choice... If you get a chance, my teaser is here: http://readhanded.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays_26.html

Unknown said...

I'm sold on the title! It sounds like soo much fun. Thanks for sharing your teaser.

Lark Andrea said...

Ha ha, thanks for the laugh! I am a new follower. :)

Reading Lark's Teaser

Pooch said...

Quite a premise, isn't it?

:)

Novroz said...

Lol...the last sentence cracks me up.
Fat and nice girl is much better than beautiful and yet pain in the arse kind of girl ;)

Mysteriousrose said...

Fun teaser;-)

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
I'm a new follower^^

F.A.Ellis said...

Greetings!
www.treasuredspotbookreviews.com

Post a Comment