Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Change of heart....I can't let it go! I'm staying!

Okay, so now that I have cleared my schedule and really begun to unwind and take a real break after my hectic 8 months of studying and training, I have decided to not let my blog go.

I just love book blogging to much!

But I am no longer accepting any review copies, at least not for a few months.

I am going to take the very good suggestion of some of my fellows bloggees and only read what I want, when I want, and review.  And most of all, follow other bloggers and discuss books!  That is what I really love anyway, the community and chatting about books!

So thanks for your support and I hope I haven't lost too many of you!!!

6 Blabs:

Mel u said...

I am glad you are staying-I can relate on the review copies-I have five free books from authors I accepted and they are so not to my taste I feel bad that I will not be reading them-as bloggers I think we at first take all free books offered!

Lisa said...

Hi Mel,
I turn down about 90% off the books that are offered, and I get solicited about 5 to 10 times per week! It's insane! Plus I have literally received about 50 books since starting 18 months ago, it's totally out of hand and 3/4 of those were unsolicited.

But there ARE a FEW that I have agreed to read as they are right up my alley. Like historical fiction... LOVE... steampunk... LOVE... and stories set in Africa or India etc.

I learned pretty early on to stop saying yes to everything as I realized how little time I actually had for review reading!

deborah said...

Lisa, I'm glad you're staying! :)

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I am glad you are sticking with the blog..just discuss the books you want. No time pressure either. Do whatever floats your boat!

Amanda said...

Yippee!! So glad you aren't quitting. I think that it's a wonderful idea to stop accepting review books and just start reading what you want to read. Have fun and keep posting!!

Anna said...

Yea! Great news! I've really pulled back on the number of review copies I request. I'm basically limiting it to my favorite topics (Jane Austen and WWII) and the occasional tour. I try not to let the backlog overwhelm me and just remember that blogging is not a job, but a fun, creative outlet.

Post a Comment