Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Musings

I don't know about you guys, but Sundays I fantasize about reading... A LOT.  I have two kids, one 4 and one 11 and I never seem to get around to reading like a want to!

At the moment I am still reading the Kindle version of Fall of Giants by Ken Follet and it is very good.  How many of you have a kindle?  And do any of you have the black one?  I am wondering if the black one would be better because I am finding the white border distracting.  I never noticed it before, but when we were flying home from Florida I was reading with the light on and the white border was glaring so much that I found it straining to read.  Do any of you have this problem?

I  mean, really, the new kindle is so cheap it's not a really big deal, right?  RIGHT??!!  PLUS "somebody's" birthday is coming up in 2 weeks (cough) so MAYBE  I might get another one????

I really have to buckle down and do some review reading, I am waaaaaayy behind.  I mean really really behind.

Do you guys have a system to getting your review reading done?  I think I should gather them all up and face the music.  There are some unsolicited ones that I will never read as I have no interest in the topic, genre or storyline.  But some that were solicited and I replied, and those are the ones that are on my table, in my shelves and everywhere around my house yelling at me,  "HEY!!!  READ ME!!! READ ME!!!!!!!!  REMEMBER YOU SAID YOU'D READ ME???!!!'  Good Lord.

Have a wonderful day!

6 Blabs:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I do have the Kindle 3 (dark dark gray in color) and love it. I can see how the white border might been a bit distracting. I also like that it is smaller, yet the screen is the same size -- just a better design. I like Fall of Giants so I'm hoping you will as well. Have a great week Lisa.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Diane! I didn't know that the whole of the new Kindle is smaller but the screen is the same size. I think that is going on my wish list for sure!

You have a wonderful week too!

JenM said...

There is another solution for a white Kindle. You can get a dark skin for it to hide all of the white. Decal Girl (www.decalgirl.com) has about 400 skins available for around $20. The other problem with the white is that after awhile it gets really dingy from all of the fingerprints. When I got mine, white was the only choice available, but my next one will definitely be black.

You can also buy a cover from Javoedge. Their covers include an interior case to hold the Kindle in that effectively covers up all of the white.

Lisa said...

Jen,
That is the BEST IDEA E-V-E-R!!! I would have never thought of that, had no idea you could get skins! I have no need for the new one, could care a less about all of the extra bells and whistles, only complaint was the color.

Thank you SO MUCH!!!

:0)

Lisa said...

Black wood grained skin ordered thanks to you Jen!!! WOOOT!

JenM said...

Yup, I had a Kindle 1 and after a year it was looking horribly dingy. Then I found out about the skins and dressed it up with a beautiful tropical scene one that made me smile whenever I saw it. Now, my (white) K2 lives in a lovely leopard skin print. And they are so cheap that if you get tired of the one you've got, you can always get a new one LOL.

Post a Comment