Tuesday, December 15, 2009

UNVEILING MY NEW BLOG DESIGN! AND TEASER TUESDAY!

WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG DESIGN!!!!!  Hope you all like it!  I absolutely LOVE IT!!  And I want to give a HUGE shout out to my gal Karen of SIMPLY AMUSING DESIGNS for creating it for me!  She was so lovely and just a joy to work with, and created EXACTLY the blog I was hoping for!! 

ANYway, now for Teaser Tuesday!



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, and anyone can play along!
  • grab your current read
  • flip to a random page
  • select two (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • please do not include any spoilers!
  • and remember to add the title of the book and the author so we can all add it to our ever growing TBR pile!
I have finally gotten around to starting "The Wife's Tale" by Lori Lansens.  A HUGE THANK YOU to HarperCollins for sending this to me a few months ago, and lately there has been quite a bit of bloggy blab about it!  So, here's my teaser:


"Having forced some toast and strawberries on both herself and her mother-in-law, Mary set off to check out of the hotel.  She could not imagine, climbing the hill to the Highlands, where her strength was coming from, and wondered what sway the prayer circle had with their maker."

33 Blabs:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the new design.

Katy said...

I LOVE your new design! It's wonderful! :)

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

The blog looks great! This was my Waiting on Wednesday pick for last week. I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Lisa said...

Thanks SO MUCH Jennifer, Katy and Bookshelf! I keep clicking on it and staring at it in total awe.... something I have wanted to do for a looong time!

And Bookshelf, stay tuned as I will be most likely including The Wife's Tale in my mega giveaway when I hit 200 followers! You may not have to wait that long!

:0)

Anonymous said...

I love the new design. The teaser is interesting, too.

Lisa said...

Thanks so much, Carol, your support is always appreciated!

Jo-Jo said...

I love the teaser...this book has definitely caught my eye! And I love the new look of your blog!

Alayne said...

I've got this one as well, but not with the same cover. Like the new look! Here's my teaser.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Lisa, it looks fantastic! It makes me want to look into a new look for my blog :D Hmmmm.
This book is on my radar already. I'm looking forward to it.

Lorin said...

Good teaser. I love the blog design - looks great!

Here's my teaser.

Anonymous said...

Simple and clean design. Congrats on your new look!

deborah said...

LOVE the new design!!
I'm going to cheat for my teaser as I'm currently reading a Latin Textbook...so here's a sample from my last read.

"Here in New York City, for example, one in four kids who live in the South Bronx suffers from asthma, resulting largely from the exhaust fumes of trucks that haul away New Yorkers' trash. Meanwhile, experts find that an array of health problems, including lung disease, infertility, Parkinson's disease, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and childhood autism, to name a few, are related to the unwholesome amounts of toxic chemicals we spew into our air, water, and soil."

No Impact Man by Colin Beavan

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Wow - love the new look!

Anonymous said...

I love the new design! It's so pretty!

Oh, and great teaser, too :)

Lisa said...

Thank you SO MUCH everyone for your feedback! I really appreciate it! Karen is great, and if you are thinking of sprucing up your blog, she is your gal!
Deborah: that is a VERY interesting teaser, and a little scary! That is totally my kind of book.

Missy B. said...

LOVE the new blog! Especially the little kitty curled up on the stack of books!!

Great teaser, too! :)

Natalie said...

The design is totally gorgeous! I love the cat :)

Lisa said...

Thanks, Missy and Natalie! The little kitty was something I requested after I saw the blog done. I just thought that stack of books was just begging for a cute little snoozing kitty to be on top! And Karen delivered, he/she is SOOO CUTE!

Nikki @ Bookizzle said...

Awesome new design! It looks fabulous. :)

Natalie W said...

Cute header pic, love her look. Love the new blog :0)

Lisa said...

Thanks, Nikki and Natalie!!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I LOVE your new design!!! It's fabulous!

Lisa said...

Thanks, Michelle! I'll be adding content on the other pages in the next few days. I just can't stop staring at it! I keep coming in to my office and just looking at it and sighing. LOL!!!

The Literary Stew said...

Great teaser! Love the new design.

Gregory @ Teens Read and Write said...

Getting a new blog design is so much fun! It looks great, congrats! Fun teaser too!

Cecelia said...

This one sounds like quite the 'adventure' story...hope you're enjoying it!

p.s. LOVE your new blog design! That kitten graphic is precious!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much Literary Stew, Greg and Celia!! I really appreciate everyone's lovely comments today!

Nick said...

Wow! I love the new design as well! Very sharp and inviting.

Unknown said...

Looks great Lisa!
Its my turn next. :)

Lisa said...

Hey Nick! Thanks for that! Not as good as your site, though, which is still one of the coolest ever.

Shellie: Can't wait to see the revamp on your blog! :0)

Unknown said...

Your blog looks fantastic, so inviting and fun. The Wife's Tale sounds great! Love the teaser, it definitely grabd my attention!

Lisa said...

Awww.. thanks, Amy!

Miss Haley said...

wow it is really cute!!

Post a Comment