Tuesday, December 22, 2009

TEASER TUESDAY


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading.  Anyone can play along!
  • Grab your current read
  • flip to a random page
  • select two (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • please do not include spoilers!
  • add the author and book title so we can all add them to our TBR piles!

I have just started Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross (from the library) and I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING it!  Georgous writing, and an "instant-getting-into" kind of book. Here is my teaser from Pope Joan:

"The canon's sobs slowly quieted, and he began the prayer for the dead.  This time Joan did not join in.  Quietly, under her breath, she began to recite the Oath, invoking the sacred name of Thor the Thunderer, just as Mama had taught her so long ago."


For more teasers click here.

8 Blabs:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Huh. Someone is rebelling. Mine is up!!

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

So glad you're enjoying this book. It's one of my favorite historical fiction reads. It was also my first book blog review ever :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I read this a few years ago and really liked it!

Lisa said...

Hey Bookshelf! That's cool that it was your first blog review ever! I'll have to look thru your archives!

Mary: I know, if it were not for book bloggers i would have never even HEARD of this book! And yet ANOTHER reason to love the book blog world. :0)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This teaser reminded me how much I've thought about this book for the last few years, but have not got around to reading it yet..LOL

Here is my teaser:

http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/12/tuesday-teasers.html

Astrid (Mrs.B) said...

Sounds good! I've heard so much about this book lately.

bookmagic said...

This has been on my radar for awhile. I will be interested in your review

Anonymous said...

I have this somewhere on the shelves. I need to pull it out soon.

Post a Comment