- toddler was cranky before nap
- toddler went beddie-bye, mommy was happy, did a couple of things before settling down into her own bed with book in hand, afghan on lap.
- 9 year old bursts in room to announce that she is suddenly going to start designing and hand sewing her own little handbag for her iDog and iPod.
- She rummages loudly in the little side room right behind our bed.
- mommy is using her overly nice mommy voice, "Honey? What are you looking for?" To which she announces "Fabric."
- 9 year old then asks if mommy can thread a needle. Mommy agrees realizing that all hopes of said time to her book is now lost as her oldest child does not know how to thread a needle, tie a knot in the thread, knot iT after it is sewn.. well, you get the picture.
- 9 year old closes bedroom door and leaves mommy alone.
- mom reads ..... for 5 minutes.
- "Is that Ayana crying?" No. I refuse to believe that my toddler who almost NEVER wakes up from her nap has now decided to 40 minutes in to start wailing. Must be the wind.
- Hmmm. Wind is sounding very sad. Better check.
- 5 minutes of back rubbing and "all done baby" (her baby she sleeps with) and "baby back".. "all done baby"... sigh.
- The next hour and a bit was spent reading, almost falling alseep several times, and intermittant door knocking and sewing shinanigans. Which I almost didn't mind because it helped keep me AWAKE.
Pages Read in the past two hours: 90
Books Read in the past two hours: 60 pages of Echo and 30 pages of Crispin by Avi
Total Pages Read: 142
Books Completed: 1 - Hush, Hush
Mini-Challenges Participated In: 1
Minutes Spent Reading: 170 (how I can account for this seemingly snails pace for reading is that Echo in the Bone is a huge book, I mean huge as in total number of words to a page. For those of you that have it, you will agree that the type is small, there is no extra spacing and.. well.. there's just a heckuva lot of words and it seems to take forever to read a page! I'm just sayin'.)
Minutes Spent Blogging: TOO MANY.