I'd like to send a HUGE THANK YOU to my very good friend Natalie at The Book Inn for this adorable award! Isn't that the cutest one you've ever seen?
In the tradition of this award I will now answer the questions that come along with it:
1. Where is your favorite place to read a book?
On the couch in my living room, it's the only room in my entire house that is always neat and not cluttered, so I can read in there without having piles of stuff looming over my head.
2. Bookmarks or dog ears?
I am totally neurotic about keeping my books as new looking as possible. I mean, I make every effort to not even make a crease in the spine! But then again, my Outlander series is VERY beat up, and in that case I love the look of them. So, bookmarks ALL the way.
3. What is the best book you’ve read so far this year?
This is almost impossible, seriously, because everytime I read a fantastic book I have to reshift all of my past books around in my brain. The first one that comes to mind though, is Mutiny on the Bounty by John Boyne. I am still baffled as to why more people don't know about this book! He was the author of "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" which was made into a film. ANYway, it was AMAZING. But I then have to mention, "Hugh and Bess" by Susan Higginbotham.. FANTASTIC! Those two stand out as the best from this year.
4. Do you like to snack while reading and if so, what is your favorite snack?
5. Book borrower or book collector?
OMG you should ask my HUSBAND that question!!! I am an obsessive collector with too many books to count. Seriously, I would be afraid to count them. And every year I give laundry baskets full of books to our annual civic book drive for children's literacy. But that just means more room for MORE books. Sigh. My rationale is that I don't spend money on anything else. My hair is long so I don't spend money on hair cuts unless I have to. I hate shopping for clothes so I only go if something is ripped beyond recognition, I don't buy shoes, manicures, facials, beauty products, I don't go out much, don't buy latte's very often, you get the picture. The only other thing I spend money on occasionally is knitting stuff. So there, mean mean hubby.
I am now going to pass this lovely award onto some of my longtime favourite blogs, and I know I have a huge blogroll, but I actually do visit those blogs everytime they post, otherwise how could I ever keep track?!
- So here it goes: Rob Around Books (I know he's a dude, but I LOVE his blog and think he just soooo needs this award!)
- Books I Done Read (without exaggerating, Rach is one of THE funniest book bloggers out there, and not to mention that she has a column with this extremely entertaining online mag out of BC. Funny, funny stuff and full of pithy insight. AND she is a prolifac user of CAPS which you all know I LOVE.)
- Medieval Woman (this is one of Susan Higginbotham's blogs, and not only do I love her books, but I really love this particular blog of hers. It's always chock full of cool historical-type factual stuff that folks like me LOVE.)
- Ruth over at Bookish Ruth (I love Ruth's blog, and look at that georgous HEADER! I love the format of her posts and her sidebar, the whole thing is just beautiful)