Friday, October 23, 2009

IT'S ALMOST TIIIIIIMMMMME!!! Impending read-a-thon.. WOOT!



Well, it's T minus 10 hours and some minutes till I start the read-a-thon, and as luck would have it my husband has to work tomorrow!  Sooooo, all that means is that I read around my kids schedule a bit, which is what I do anyhow, but tomorrow I'll just do it a little MORE is all. 

That teeny tiny pitiful picture I took with my iPhone above is my stack of books I plan on reading bits of during the -athon.  Since you can't see any of the titles, here they are:


The Magician's Elephant by Kate Dicamillo (I have already started this one, but have misplaced it somewhere in our house... I LOVE IT.  Hopefully I can find it so I can finish it.  Story telling at its FINEST.)

Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier (I got this book at an online book swap and I've had it for years)

The 13th Warrior by Michael Crichton  (I think a good action type book might be handy.)

The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket (short, and a kids book, super handy

Knit Lit (too) Linda Roghaar and Molly Wolf (a series of short stories about knitting which I LOVE, and the stories are SHORT which will be great at 2 AM)

44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith

Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver

Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith

Happiness Will Ferguson (not sure how much I'll read of this one, but when I feel like throwing myself out of my window at 330 AM, I wonder if a book with a title like this might help)

The Cross of Lead  by Avi Crispin (one of my FAVOURITE authors!!! He wrote "The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle which  I LOVED, and will be reviewing at some point in the future)

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (I'm almost done, so that will be the first book out of the gate in the morning after I read the paper and inhale my coffee)

The Traitor's Wife by Susan Higginbotham (no big surprise there, I LOVE HER!  And I need a good chunk of time to really enjoy this one, I love it already, but it just is not the kind of book you can pick up and down super easy)

And last but not least trusty Jamie and Claire (An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon) will be joining me through out the day, no doubt, making appearances and keeping me company in the wee  hours.. along with my fellow read-a-thoners and cheerleaders!! 

I am SUPER EXCITED!!! 

So, how it works is I will be reading off and on for (hopefully) 24 hours straight.  I will be posting roughly every 2 hours (maybe more) and doing challenges that some lovely folks have set up for us -a-thoners.  The read-a-thon is worldwide and just for fun!  Although some are doing it for charity, which I totally thought of but was not sure how my first one would go so I plan on doing that next year. 

Hopefully you will stop by various times to see me and visit other -a-thoners throughout the day and night! 

1 Blabs:

Alyssa Kirk said...

What a woman! Good luck and I'll be checking it out to see how you're doing! You're got a great stack to get through. Hope the kids are helpful!

Post a Comment