Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TEASER TUESDAY!

Well, here we are again back at my most favouritest meme E-V-E-R.  Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.  So sorry that it is so late in the day.. but here goes..
  • Grab your current read
  • flip to a random page and select 2 teaser sentences from anywhere on that page
  • try not to include spoilers... it can be tricky but sooo worth it!
  • include the name of book and author so we can add them to our morbidly obese TBR piles.
Like most of not all of you I am reading several things right now.  The Distant Hours (I am about 1/2 way and really enjoying it), A Furry Prayer, and a new book I just got today from Simon and Schuster the Portia DeRossie autobiography (I can-NOT put this book DOWN!).

Today's teaser, though, is from the doggie rescue book because the author is just so damn charming.  In a nut shell, in case you missed my last post, this very modern big city guy met a super incredible woman whose soul purpose was to save dogs.  He liked dogs, even loved them, but couldn't fathom spending your entire life running around rescuing them.  Once he met Joy, though, he fell in love so hard he just had to be with her at all costs... the rescue thing was just a side-line, that ended up being an incredible transforming force in his life.

(Disclaimer:  this will be more than two sentences, I'm cheating, but I can't help myself)

"Now wait just a minute," I tried to protest.  "I definately have some experience with altruism."
 "Which is?"
"Like everybody else who backpacked through Asia after college, I had sex with a Peace Corps volunteer."
"Uh-huh," she said, "absolutely, that counts."

For more teasers click here.

1 Blabs:

Sophie said...

Aww, that cover is adorable. I am reading The Distant Hours right now too!

If you have any book giveaways, you can add them to my linky here:
http://theopeninglines.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-112-distant-hours.html

Post a Comment